Minutes of Trustees Meeting 5th March 2018

By:
Posted: 28/08/2018
Category: Meetings , Regular Minutes
Tags: ,
Comments: 0

DRAFT MINUTES MAY CONTAIN OMISSIONS OR INCORRECTIONS
Minutes of the meeting held on Mon 5th March 2018
Present: A Smallman (AS), A Taylor (AT), D Freeman (DF), D Ives (DI), S Waller (SW), J Sopp (JS), B Warwick(BW), M Woodcock(MW), N Pidgley (NP), J Leahy(JL), D Leonard (DL)
Apologies: R Driver (RD)

MINUTES
Minutes of the meeting held on 5th March 2018 were accepted and signed by the Chairman.

MATTERS ARISING
Car Park Lining: To write to all user-groups, regards contributing to the Re-lining and Filling of Pot Holes around the car park. Action: JL
Carpets: AT to meet a company regards renewal of carpets. A quote of £5750 was best from three quotes given. Now looking for funding. Action: AT
Drones on the field: Trustees took it upon themselves and voted for “no flying of drones” within the field as we have a similar ruling for model aircraft. The relocating of the signage is to be looked at by the Maintenance Committee which will include the above. BRMRC are willing to undertake the lettering. Also a solar light to be fitted to said sigh for illumination. Ongoing
Halls: AT to contact Parish Council to discuss a joint working party with other halls in the area. Ongoing
ACSC Licensing: Harry Hedges to meet with Trustees to explain licensing situation
Radiators: Maintenance Committee to look at. Ongoing

CORRESPONDENCE
Item: BRMRC shed layout
Item: LDS survey report
Item: M.H.Kennedy & Son Quote

PUBLIC SESSION
Path edges getting over run with grass. It needs cutting back. Working party to be sorted. Action: JL to send Email

CHAIRMANS REPORT
Hall hire discount to be looked at- Half price-flat rates for locals user-groups. £40 until end of may (agreed). User-groups Leases-to align with financial year end. Proposed rent increase from 2020
BRMBC template for leases looked at. Seek independent survey regards. Leases may be set on community basis which is around 3k per 1000sq metres. Refurb. of roof to be looked at .Large cost. V.H.F. (Village Hall Fund) money could be used to support. Look at ways to raise money by way of support from sports groups on site. All rents to go up by 5% per year from next lease renewal.

SECRETARYS REPORT
None given.

TREASURERS REPORT
Hopscotch payments ongoing. Hopscotch invoiced now waiting on payment. Final demand to be sent also try to set up a meeting with Trustees.

PARISH COUNCIL REPORT
Looking at ways to work with council. New councillor to attend meetings. JL rep for APC until councillor on board. DL to seek assurances that councillor would step up rather than a rep from the Trustees.

BOOKINGS
JS Bookings officer seeks support for Meet and Greet, calls, etc with Hall Hire. JL/JS/AS with support from Social Club as and when required.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 14th May 2018.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Marquee: DI requested use of Marquee for carnival on 9th June 2018. Agreed.
Westergate recreational fund: Agreed to look into in more depth as we believe there still a substance amount in that fund. APC have had some paperwork handed other to them to so they can chase up.

Meeting closed at 9.30pm

Signed by Chair: _______________________________







Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Categories