Minutes of Trustees Meeting 9th July 2018

By:
Posted: 28/08/2018
Category: Meetings , Regular Minutes
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,
Comments: 0

DRAFT MINUTES MAY CONTAIN OMISSIONS OR INCORRECTIONS
Minutes of the meeting held on Mon 9th July 2018
Present: A Smallman (AS), J Leahy (JL), D Freeman (DF), D Ives (DI), J Sopp(JS), M Woodcock (MW), N Pidgley(NP). S Kennedy (SK), M Warden, (MW)
Apologies: R Driver (RD), D Leonard (DL), S Waller (SW), B Warwick (BW), A Taylor (AT)

MINUTES
Minutes of the meeting held on Mon 14th May 2018 were accepted and signed by the Chairman. Approved DI Seconded JS.

MATTERS ARISING
Car Park Lining: To write to user-groups regards contributing to the Re-lining and Filling of Pot Holes around the car park. Action: AS. Ongoing
Carpets: AT to meet a company regards renewal of carpets. A quote of £5750 was best from three quotes given. Ongoing
Drones on the field: The relocating of the signage is to be looked at by the Maintenance Committee. BRMRC are willing to undertake the lettering. Also a solar light to be fitted to said sign for illumination. Quotes of £120.00 for lettering was proposed and agreed to. J.L. to chase. Also no flying or golf signage to be updated. Ongoing
Halls: JL to contact Parish Council to discuss a joint working party with other halls in the area. Ongoing
ASC Licensing: Harry Hedges to meet with Trustees to explain licensing situation. Waiting on plans for the site as part of license proposals. Also looking at the proposals so not to offend neighbours.

CORRESPONDENCE
Item: Barnham Trojans. Regards fee for weekend of 16th/17th June for a two day sporting event.Fee to stand JS to advise Barnham Trojans.

PUBLIC SESSION
No one in attendance.

CHAIRMANS REPORT
Meetings: Minutes to be distributed within 1 week of previous meeting. Recommendation to revert to a monthly meeting, to be agreed after AGM.
Solar panels: Ongoing. DI to chase as named on paperwork.
Maintenance>: New Maintenance tracker up and running. To be tweaked. Various plumbing issues to be resolved. Action: Alan Norfolk to be appointed. Bulb in Porch to be renewed. Action: DI.
Social club license: Various queries. Action: JL to write to ADC
Leases: Working on drafts and advice on GDPR Policies, regards cyber security /data protection.

PARISH COUNCIL REPORT
Proposed a few ideas as how to move forward with regards meetings, etc after speaking to council and JL.

SECRETARYS REPORT
Nothing to report.

TREASURERS REPORT
Draft accounts to sign off. Proposed and accepted. Final accounts to sign off at AGM. Disappointing results for last year with a surplus of £3k. Hopscotch Paid in full to date.

MAINTENANCE: CAR PARK
Relining of car park discussed. To seek re-quotes. Action: JL/JS
On site user-groups to be contacted regards a donation of £100 for upgrade of car park. Action: AS

MAINTENANCE: CENTRE SIGNAGE
JL to obtain prints for renewal of signage at a cost of £120+vat. Proposed and accepted. To look at cost of renewal of Metal Signage for no fly, etc. Quotes needed. Action: JL/NP

MAINTENANCE: WATER AND PLUMBING
Gents toilet tap and Urinal tank issues sorted.
Stop cock in cellar Plumber to sort.

MAINTENANCE: KITCHEN 
Extractor fan: Alan Norfolk to resolve

MAINTENANCE: ROOF SURVEY
T Drake to be contacted for flat roof inspection. Action: SK. Also seek other quotes. Action: JL. Wooden flashing needs repairing, Alan Norfolk to be asked to look at it. Action: JS/DF

DATA PROTECTION: IT and GDPR
Current public wifi in not compliant. New wireless access points to be fitted. Action: JL

BOOKINGS
Going well. July/Aug busy. Sept looking good. Cycle club in on 22nd July 2018 @ 0630 AS to open up. Looking at re-arranging packages for hall hire. Also look at start up and close down allowance. A package of information to be looked at. This can be handed out with bookings giving all necessary information that may be required.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Wed 25th July (AGM)

ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Hall door: Electronic to be looked at. Action: AS
Leases: Draft Lease request from SK. Defer until after AGM.
Payment for services: Look at a payment for book keeping. To be held over until after AGM. Look at different rates for Hall hire. Eg round tables / cloths do we charge extra for use. Held over to after AGM.

Meeting closed at 8.45pm

Signed by Chair: _______________________________

Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Categories