Minutes of the Trustees Meeting - Sunday 8th May 2011

By:
Posted: 08/05/2011
Category: Meetings , Regular Minutes
Tags: , , , ,
Comments: 0

 

ALDINGBOURNE COMMUNITY SPORTS CENTRE


Registered Charity No. 276055


Minutes of the Trustees Meeting


Sunday 8th May 2011


 


Those Present

 

Jon Leahy (JL), Alan Johnson (AJ), Jon Vinsome (JV), Mike Burton (MB), Bill Warwick (BW) Philip Pilcher (PP), and Dennis Lennard (DL),

 

Meeting started at 18:34pm

 

 

1        APOLOGIES  Linda Fromant (LF)

 

 

2        MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE 6th March 2011.

 

The minutes were accepted as correct. Proposed DL, seconded JV.

 

3           MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE 6th March 2011.

 

It was decided that the new signs, regarding Dog Fouling, would be best ordered after the meeting with the ARUN Dog Warden

 

17    AOB

1      DL stated the installation of the air bricks in the changing room was ongoing.

 

ACTION POINT DL to update the Trustees at the next meeting regarding any progress in this matter

 

15    AOB

d)

it was decided that the election of a further Trustee to the Village Hall trust Fund should take place after the AGM

4     CORRESPONDENCE

 

Item 76 regarding Key Holder duties, MB stated that LF had forwarded him some details regarding a potential company but as yet he had taken no action on this

 

7      TREASURER’S REPORT

 

JL stated the meeting with the User Groups regarding storage charges had not yet taken place

 

 

8      SECRETARY’S REPORT

 

MB reported that the curtain slip covers had been received and were due to be hung on Wednesday

 

 

 

9      HALL BOOKINGS

 

MB stated he had contacted the Poling Officer and everything was in hand for the day

 

10    MB stated he had not applied for grants for the kitchen refurbishment as there had been no

time.

 

15     DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

MB stated he had not written to the User Groups about attendance of their representatives.

JL stated this would be better combined with the letter to User Groups reminding them to choose a representative for the coming year

 

16     AOB

 

c)     MB confirmed the BSBT now had Public Liability insurance

d)    JL still to contact Defensor regarding the maintenance charge

 

ACTION POINT JL to contact Defensor regarding the maintenance charge

 

e)    MB stated the YOTs had not turned up and the newly acquired litter bins had been

placed around the field

 

4           CORRESPONDENCE

 

Item 90           Letter from the Barnham Trojans regarding hall hire dates

Item 91           E-mail from JL to HH regarding the Licence Agreement and stage bar divider

Item 92           ASC request for 3 hall dates for a darts tournament

Item 93           Notice to ASC regarding closure of the Centre for electrical work

Item 94           Letter to west Sussex Caravan Club  re hire dates

Item 95           Letter from BRMRC regarding future accommodation

Item 96           Letter from ASC regarding power cuts

Letter from ACSC to Southern Electricity

Item 97           Letter from ASC re booking of Committee Room

Item 98           Reply to Item 97

Item 99           Correspondence between the PC and ACSC re loan for hall extension

Item 100         Revised quote from A Burrows

Item 101         Letter from ASC regarding lack of liaison over Centre closure

Item 102         Reply to item 101

Item 103         Letter Ref pending court action for non-payment of invoice

Item 104         Reply to item 103

Item 105         Further quote from Regis Electrics for kitchen

Item 106         Letter to ASC re Trustees position

 

ACTION POINT JL to reply re, item 106

 

5           PUBLIC MEETING

 

No public in attendance

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6           CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

 

JL suggested that in view of the reducing numbers of Trustee attending meetings it might be a suitable moment to reflect on the number of meetings the ACSC hold in a year. There is a requirement to hold not less than two meetings a year. JL suggested 4 meetings a year with the dates being fixed at the first meeting after the AGM

He further suggested that if this were adopted there would have to be a number of sub-committees to oversee such matters as Finance or Open Days/Events. JL stated he thought this Open Day type event, as it benefitted the User Groups, should be left to User Group Representative to organise and run. Greater use of e-mail, via the Secretary would have to be made to keep everyone up to date. In the event of a full debate being required an ‘emergency’ meeting could be called. A Financial sub committee should contain all the Officers and possibly two Representative Trustees.

The Trustee might like to consider the role of Booking Clerk as a paid role and advertise the post.

PP asked if a different night could be considered.

The above to be placed on the Agenda for the first meeting following the AGM

MB stated following the completion of the list of present projects the future should be, in the main, for maintenance only.

JV had agreed to remain as Treasurer for the next year

JL stated he was attempting to set-up a 500 club. The would require the purchase of a licence, £40, but could bring in £000 over the course of a year

JL thanked MB for all the time work he was putting into the centre at the moment.

 

7           TREASURER’S REPORT

 

JV confirmed he was intending to stand again as Treasurer for next year but his input would be limited to the finances of the Charity only.

JV stated although the interest rates were virtually non-existent he had moved money into the highest yielding account.

The Charity was owed approximately £3000, mainly from rent owed by Hopscotch. Currently the Charity had approximately £3,000 to spend beyond planned expendiure

JV stated he was in receipt of a gas bill but he was still querying this invoice as he believed it to be incorrect. He confirmed that he had sent a cheque ref Item 103

 

8 SECRETARY’S REPORT

 

MB stated that everything was in order for tomorrow. Building work would commence on the hall extn. As confirmed tby the ‘chain’ e-mail Andy Burrows had been selected as the contractor. The electricians were booked to put in the three phase supply also starting tomorrow

MB asked if any Trustees. Had any spare time over the next three days if they could relieve AJ and MB for a few hours as a Trustee needed to be on site as the building was completely open. The ASC had volunteered to cover Monday morning and early afternoon.

 

9        PARISH COUNCIL

 

Parish Councillor not in attendance

 

10      HALL BOOKINGS

 

Sunday 15th May           Christening  11:00 until 6:00pm               MB Opening DL closing

Barnham Trojans Managers Meeting  7:00 until 9:30pm  DL opening/closing

 

Saturday 21st May        Children’s party 12:00 until 3:00pm  MB to cover

BLS  6:00pm until close

 

Sunday 22nd May          Barnham Trojans Presentation Day Field and Hall  DL to cover

 

Saturday 28th May        Christening 12:00 until 6:00pm  MB to open

Harry’s CDs 6:30 until close

 

MB requested ALL Trustees to attend the Centre at 5:00pm to assist with any preparation which might be needed to ensure the hall was ready for Harry’s CDs who had kindly agreed to delay their start until 6:30pm. The Christening party are expected to migrate into the bar lounge area from 5:00pm

 

Saturday 4th June          Party 6pm until Midnt  JL to cover

 

11      KITCHEN REFURBISHMENT / ELECTRICS

 

Dealt with previously –Secretary’s report

 

12      FRONT HALL EXNT

 

Dealt with previously – Secretary’s report

 

13      CORRESPONDENCE ITEM 95 BRMRC

 

The letter from the BRMRC had been seen and discussed at a previous meeting. As there were no other points to be raised or added by those present it was suggested MB contact the BRMRC and see if a further meeting is required

 

ACTION POINT MB to contact BRMRC to arrange a meeting if required

 

14      DOG FOULING

 

Dealt with previously – Item 3

 

15      CLOSURE-FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS

 

The letter from the ASC, correspondence item 101 was discussed together with the effect of the closure of the Centre on other user groups.

It was decided that the Charity would offer a ‘rebate’ of two days rent where warranted

 

 ACTION POINT JL  to write to ASC over this matter and in reply to their letter

 

 16       DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

 12th June 2011.  It was confirmed that the 27th July was the date of the AGM.

 

 17       AOB

 

a)         JL requested funds to cover the VAT charges which could not be deducted in relation to the Audio Visual equipment to be installed. The VAT amounted to just over £1800

This was approved by a show of hands

JL also requested the electricians, in attendance for the kitchen, be requested to add further sockets around the stage area.

 

b)         AJ reported that grants were currently available from West Sussex Police

 

ACTION POINT AJ to obtain an application form

 

c)         DL reported that the ‘development Group’ of the barnham Trojans who were considering an extension to the changing room would soon wish to give a presentation to the Trustees. It was hoped this would be ready shortly after our next meeting and that they could utilize the new audio visual equipment.

 

 

The meeting ended at 7:55pm

 

Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?

Categories