Minutes of the Trustees Meeting - Sunday 5th September 2010

By:
Posted: 05/09/2010
Category: Meetings , Regular Minutes
Tags: , , , , ,
Comments: 0

ALDINGBOURNE COMMUNITY SPORTS CENTRE


Registered Charity No. 276055


Minutes of the Trustees Meeting


Sunday 5th September 2010


 


Those Present

 

Jon Leahy (JL), Jon Vinsome (JV), Alan Johnson (AJ), Mike Burton (MB),  Linda Fromont (LF), , Bill Warwick (BW)., Derek Freeman (DF) and

 

Meeting started at 18:35pm

 

1        APOLOGIES – Alex Gladman (AG), Helen Franklin (HF), Dennis Lennard (DL), Tom Tappenden   (TT)

 

 

2        Minutes of the meeting of the 15th August 2010.

 

The minutes were accepted as correct. Proposed JV, seconded DF.

 

Matters arising from the Minutes of the 6th June 2010

16 Business Plan – Agenda item 9

 

 

4           Matters arising from the Finance Meeting of 28th July 2010.

        

            1          JV to inform all those concerned on the above decisions - Done

 

            2          JL/JV to restrict access to the committee room - Ongoing

 

                        Refurbishment

It was decided to recommend end of the Committee Room should be boxed in.

ACTION POINT MB to obtain a quote for this work

 

3          MB to write to Friday Snooker Club informing them of the decision and requesting return of the over-ride key- Done

 

MB to seek quotes for table refurbishment- Ongoing

 

 

5       JL to raise paperwork for future individual hirers - Ongoing

MB to draft a new Agreement and write to the PC advising them on the proposed extension Agenda Point 8

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4            CORRESPONDENCE

 

9   Letter to Aldingbourne Village Hall Charity thanking them for donation of £850

10 E-mail from Richard Beresford regarding dog walkers

 

This e-mail provoked discussion on what steps could be taken to curb irresponsible dog walkers. It was decided that JL/AJ would raise the matter at the next PC meeting to gauge their feelings on imposing a ‘Dogs on leads only’ ruling

ACTION POINT JL to report back at next meeting/MB Agenda Point

 

11 E-mail to PC clerk requesting the PC be notified of the problem of the hall floor.

12 Grant application to Henry Smith Charity requesting £10,000 towards hall extension

13 Quote to repair hall floor from Jeremy Green - £10345.

 

   5       CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

 

JL thanked all those involved in the Barn clearance and tidy-up.

JL stated he would obtain a further quote for access control to the Tennis Club.

 

ACTION POINT JL to report back to next meeting

 

 6        TREASURER’S REPORT

 

JV stated that due to the hall floor he was recommending all budgeted expenses be postponed. With regards to the floor he had spoken to the insurance assessor and we were presently waiting for a response with regards to the insurance company’s stance.

The charity was presently owed 2 months rent on the hall giving a current deficit, after expenses including the boiler replacement and hall floor of £1,242.00. The PC still owed the ACSC £2,000.

JV stated that the insurance renewal was due the cost was not dissimilar to last year. He proposed renewal. Unanimous vote in favour.

Accounts proposed by AJ seconded DF unanimous in favour.

 

7        SECRETARY’S REPORT

 

          MB reported that the installation of the boilers started last Thursday. It would

hopefully be completed by the 6th or 7th.

With regards to the overhanging trees and the stream on the western boundary he

had arranged a site meeting with the ENVIRONMENTAL Agency for the 20th

September.

Attempts had been made to contact the curtain company but a reply was still awaited

MB reported that grants for capital expenditure had all but dried-up. The planning

permission for the new building had over 2 years to run before it elapsed. At a

minimum there was a need to raise £20,000 to complete the base

 

8           RIFLE CLUB AGREEMENT

 

JL read out the draft prepared by MB. Following a few minor amendments it was unanimously agreed that the draft should be sent to the Aldingbourne Target Shooting Club for submission to the Club’s AGM.

 

ACTION POINT MB to amend the draft and submit to the ATSC

 

 

 

 

9           BUSINESS PLAN

 

MB stated he had updated the Business Plan. He proposed to e-mail to all Trustees for a detailed discussion at the next meeting

 

ACTION POINT MB to e-mail copies of the Business Plan to all Trustees and place on the Agenda for the next meeting

 

10        FINANCES

 

Covered in Treasurer’s Report

 

11        BOOKINGS

 

3rd October  HF to cover

 

12        DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

          10TH OCTOBER 2010

 

13        AOB

 

 

a)     DF suggested that in the event that the insurers refused to pay for the floor we should contact Misslebrooks who laid it  He thought it might still be under guarantee and as a local contractor he had a reputation to maintain

 

b)     JV reported that HF had obtained a further two quotes for the refurbishment of the kitchen

She would let everyone know by the next meeting

 

c)     AJ reported that car parking associated with the Barnham Trojans yesterday was ridiculous.

Parents attending were just parking everywhere. The emergency exit/entrance was blocked as was Olivers Meadow. When spoken to drivers didn’t care.

 

ACTION POINT JL to write to the Barnham Trojans regarding ‘policing’ of car parking

 

d)     DF was happy to report that the ASC had made great progress over the last month. The

floor in the cellar was now complete, an awning had been erected in the courtyard and the

bar was due to be completed in the coming weeks

 

e)     AJ reported that the lock on the hall door was not functioning properly

 

f)      JV reported that a window had been left open in the Social Club over night. DF stated that

the member of staff had been spoken to.

 

g)     LF reported that ‘young adults’ had been using the tennis courts to play football on the

afternoon of the 27th August

ACTION POINT JL to check CCTV

 

h)     AJ stated he and BW would start work on replacing the stop-cock for the outside tap once

the inner stop-cock had been located

 

 

Meeting ended 19:32hrs


 




ALDINGBOURNE COMMUNITY SPORTS CENTRE


Registered Charity No. 276055


Minutes of the Trustees Meeting


Sunday 5th September 2010


 


Those Present


 


Jon Leahy (JL), Jon Vinsome (JV), Alan Johnson (AJ), Mike Burton (MB),  Linda Fromont (LF), , Bill Warwick (BW)., Derek Freeman (DF) and


 


Meeting started at 18:35pm



1        APOLOGIES – Alex Gladman (AG), Helen Franklin (HF), Dennis Lennard (DL), Tom Tappenden   (TT)


 



2        Minutes of the meeting of the 15th August 2010.


 


The minutes were accepted as correct. Proposed JV, seconded DF.


 


          Matters arising from the Minutes of the 6th June 2010


           


16 Business Plan – Agenda item 9


 


 


4           Matters arising from the Finance Meeting of 28th July 2010.


        


            1          JV to inform all those concerned on the above decisions - Done


 


            2          JL/JV to restrict access to the committee room - Ongoing


 


                        Refurbishment


It was decided to recommend end of the Committee Room should be boxed in.


            ACTION POINT MB to obtain a quote for this work


 


3          MB to write to Friday Snooker Club informing them of the decision and requesting return of the over-ride key- Done


 


                        MB to seek quotes for table refurbishment- Ongoing


 


 


  5       JL to raise paperwork for future individual hirers - Ongoing


MB to draft a new Agreement and write to the PC advising them on the proposed extension Agenda Point 8


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


4            CORRESPONDENCE


 


9   Letter to Aldingbourne Village Hall Charity thanking them for donation of £850


10 E-mail from Richard Beresford regarding dog walkers


 


This e-mail provoked discussion on what steps could be taken to curb irresponsible dog walkers. It was decided that JL/AJ would raise the matter at the next PC meeting to gauge their feelings on imposing a ‘Dogs on leads only’ ruling


ACTION POINT JL to report back at next meeting/MB Agenda Point


 


11 E-mail to PC clerk requesting the PC be notified of the problem of the hall floor.


12 Grant application to Henry Smith Charity requesting £10,000 towards hall extension


13 Quote to repair hall floor from Jeremy Green - £10345.


 


   5       CHAIRMAN’S REPORT


 


JL thanked all those involved in the Barn clearance and tidy-up.


JL stated he would obtain a further quote for access control to the Tennis Club.


 


ACTION POINT JL to report back to next meeting


 


 6        TREASURER’S REPORT


 


JV stated that due to the hall floor he was recommending all budgeted expenses be postponed. With regards to the floor he had spoken to the insurance assessor and we were presently waiting for a response with regards to the insurance company’s stance.


The charity was presently owed 2 months rent on the hall giving a current deficit, after expenses including the boiler replacement and hall floor of £1,242.00. The PC still owed the ACSC £2,000.


JV stated that the insurance renewal was due the cost was not dissimilar to last year. He proposed renewal. Unanimous vote in favour.


Accounts proposed by AJ seconded DF unanimous in favour.


 


7        SECRETARY’S REPORT


 


          MB reported that the installation of the boilers started last Thursday. It would


          hopefully be completed by the 6th or 7th.


          With regards to the overhanging trees and the stream on the western boundary he


          had arranged a site meeting with the ENVIRONMENTAL Agency for the 20th


          September.


          Attempts had been made to contact the curtain company but a reply was still awaited


          MB reported that grants for capital expenditure had all but dried-up. The planning


          permission for the new building had over 2 years to run before it elapsed. At a


          minimum there was a need to raise £20,000 to complete the base


 


8           RIFLE CLUB AGREEMENT


 


JL read out the draft prepared by MB. Following a few minor amendments it was unanimously agreed that the draft should be sent to the Aldingbourne Target Shooting Club for submission to the Club’s AGM.


 


ACTION POINT MB to amend the draft and submit to the ATSC


 


 


 


 


9           BUSINESS PLAN


 


MB stated he had updated the Business Plan. He proposed to e-mail to all Trustees for a detailed discussion at the next meeting


 


ACTION POINT MB to e-mail copies of the Business Plan to all Trustees and place on the Agenda for the next meeting


 


10        FINANCES


 


Covered in Treasurer’s Report


 


11        BOOKINGS


 


3rd October  HF to cover


 


12        DATE OF NEXT MEETING


 


          10TH OCTOBER 2010


 


13        AOB


 


 


a)     DF suggested that in the event that the insurers refused to pay for the floor we should contact Misslebrooks who laid it  He thought it might still be under guarantee and as a local contractor he had a reputation to maintain


 


b)     JV reported that HF had obtained a further two quotes for the refurbishment of the kitchen


                   She would let everyone know by the next meeting


 


c)     AJ reported that car parking associated with the Barnham Trojans yesterday was ridiculous.


Parents attending were just parking everywhere. The emergency exit/entrance was blocked as was Olivers Meadow. When spoken to drivers didn’t care.


 


ACTION POINT JL to write to the Barnham Trojans regarding ‘policing’ of car parking


 


d)     DF was happy to report that the ASC had made great progress over the last month. The


      floor in the cellar was now complete, an awning had been erected in the courtyard and the


      bar was due to be completed in the coming weeks


 


e)     AJ reported that the lock on the hall door was not functioning properly


 


f)      JV reported that a window had been left open in the Social Club over night. DF stated that


                   the member of staff had been spoken to.


 


g)     LF reported that ‘young adults’ had been using the tennis courts to play football on the   


      afternoon of the 27th August


ACTION POINT JL to check CCTV


 


h)     AJ stated he and BW would start work on replacing the stop-cock for the outside tap once 


      the inner stop-cock had been located


 


 


Meeting ended 19:32hrs



Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?

Categories