Minutes of the Trustees Meeting - Sunday 13th February 2011

By:
Posted: 13/02/2011
Category: Meetings , Regular Minutes
Tags: , , , , , , ,
Comments: 0

 

ALDINGBOURNE COMMUNITY SPORTS CENTRE


Registered Charity No. 276055


Minutes of the Trustees Meeting


Sunday 13th February 2011


 


Those Present

 

Jon Leahy (JL), Alan Johnson (AJ), , Mike Burton (MB), Linda Fromant (LF), Bill Warwick (BW), Chris Blows (CB), Dennis Lennard (DL)  Philip Pilcher (PP) and Derek Freeman (DF)

 

Meeting started at 18:35pm

 

 

1              APOLOGIES – Helen Franklin (HF),  Jon Vinsome (JV)

 

2        MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE 9th JANUARY 2011.

 

The minutes were accepted as correct. Proposed DF, seconded AJ.

 

3        MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE 9th JANUARY 2011.

 

2.2 The matter of obtaining a quote for cupboards in the committee room

MB detailed a number of quotes received.

The committee decided to award all the work to John Smith

 

ACTION POINT MB to liaise with John regarding carrying out the works for the doors and cupboards

 

7       Redecoration

MB stated that decorating had taken place two weeks ago and this morning as a result only the two exterior walls of the hall and the stage doors needed painting to finish off. There was however further work needed in the kitchen in that the units on the cellar wall needed to be removed and the recessed area plaster boarded to allow the new units to be fitted flush to the wall

MB asked everyone, if possible, to attend at 9am next Sunday morning (20th February 2011) to assist

 

9   Parish Council Report

MB to raise the issue of dog fouling with the ARUN Dog Warden and arrange a meeting to obtain first hand information. Ongoing Still awaiting contact with ARUN’s Dog warden

 

MB stated in the last week he had received three complaints with regards to the increased amount of dog mess on the field DL stated the footballers had collected a bucket full off of the pitches over the weekend.

 

MB stated he had received a quote for 3 signs but was awaiting further quotes

The committee agreed that purchase of the signs should be undertaken on the lowest quote

 

ACTION POINT MB to arrange for the purchase of the new Dog Waste Signs

 

10 Hall Bookings

 

Exploration of the costs of erecting two/three temporary buildings.

 

             MB stated that investigations had concluded that ‘extra buildings’ were too expensive beside which the front of hall extension would make them redundant.

 

17   AOB

 

1      DL to pursue affixing kick guards to the doors in the changing rooms with the Barnham

Trojans. DL stated this matter was in-hand

MB informed DL that air bricks would also be needed to resolve the damp problem in the changing rooms

 

ACTION POINT DL to report back at next meeting regarding progress on this matter

 

8       Secretary’s Report

 

AJ reported that all the work along the stream boundary had now taken place and the undergrowth had been cut back. In addition the branches around the lights leading to the rifle club had also been trimmed.

There was still some clearing-up to do regarding some of the smaller branches

 

 

11    Kitchen Refurbishment

 

MB stated the order had now been placed with Magnet and work would begin on the 9th March. Hopscotch would be using the lounge/bar area and therefore help would be needed in rearranging the furniture. Help was required at 8:30 and 3:30 each day.

 

DF stated that there had been comments made at the ASC meeting that it would have been nice to know of the arrangement beforehand

MB stated that a letter was sent to the ASC Secretary on the 19th January notifying them of the arrangement and requesting they contact either MB or AJ if there were any problems.

 

MB stated that the kitchen fitter had visited on Friday. He had two concerns in that a new electrical supply would be needed for the cooker and we would not be able to re-use the existing Kitchen sink.

 

MB stated that he had spoken with JV who stated there was contingency money available to cover the extra cost of these items.

 

JL added that he was experiencing a problem with obtaining commercial as opposed to domestic appliances but expected a quote tomorrow.

 

12     Dog Fouling

 

 

Covered under 3.9 above

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

14    AOB

 

  1. JL stated the timers to the street lights had now been adjusted.


 

  1. Relocation of the sign board to be undertaken by AL/MB


 

  1. MB stated he had not written to any User Groups regarding the non-attendance of


their Representative Trustee

 

  1. LF stated she was still awaiting some response from ARUN and WSCC with regards to


‘events’ to mark the Olympics.

Grants towards the possible Olympic Ceremony celebrations to be monitored by

MB undertook to notify LF when any such grants appeared.

 

4                    CORRESPONDENCE

 

Item 58   ASC request for booking of the meeting room and hall

Item 59   Booking dates Hall and Committee room for the MMD

Item 60   Letter requesting a quote for Dog Waste signs

Item 61   Quote Re Item 60

Item 62   Copy application for Front Hall Extn  Duke of Devonshire

Item 63   Quote from MAYOSS & Co for Front of Hall Extension

Item 64   Letter to ASC re Decorating in the hall Curtains and Kitchen and Pre School

arrangements

Item 65   Quote Harris for fitting doors cupboards etc

Item 66   Quote Dimensions for fitting doors cupboards etc

Item 67   Quote JG Electrical Main electrical board replacement

Item 68   Letter from ASC re booking

Item 69   Reply to ASC re 68

Item 70   Quote for doors etc J Smith

Item 71   Letter from Aldingbourne Village Hall Fund re re-appointment of Trustees

 

5                    PUBLIC SESSION

 

No public in attendance

 

6                    CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

 

JL thanked AJ and MB for their part in redecorating the hall.

He informed the meeting that he had received a grant of £3600 for the purchase of audio visual equipment for the hall and committee room, this would include screens, and a data projector. Free advertising and use of the hall for demonstration purposes would be offered to the supplier to offset installation costs

 

DL reminded everyone of the need to calculate usage fees which would need to be added into the hire charge

 

7                    TREASURER’S REPORT

 

Deferred to next month

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8                    SECRETARY’S REPORT

 

MB  stated that he and AJ had met with Steve of Defensor and believed that the CCTV mast could be accessed from the roof of the front of hall extension, this would save moving the mast.

With regards to the extension he had submitted an amendment to ARUN as agreed but ARUN had now, 5 weeks later, requested further drawings. These had been completed and would be submitted to ARUN tomorrow

MB stated he had met with the curtain fitter and barring and unforeseen difficulties the curtains would be hung on the 24th Feb.

MB reminded everyone that the bushes from the front of the hall would need to be moved in preparation for the new extension. Dates for the work would be issued soon

 

9                    PARISH COUNCIL REPORT

 

CB reported that the PC had agreed to the transfer of the grant of £5000 towards the Front of hall extension and that providing the ACSC contributed £1,000 in addition to  the £9,000 grant they had obtained the PC would raise a loan on behalf of the ACSC to cover the remainder of the money needed. This source would be VAT free. CB stated he had passed a chart showing repayment costs to the Secretary. He advised once a full figure had been calculated that contact with the PC Clerk should be made and he would instigate the paperwork to obtain the loan.

CB informed all that the PC had been unable to provide a grant on this occasion as they were currently faced with a number of demands including the restoration of the Children’s Play Area

He took the opportunity to explain the recent planning application  AL/119/10 concerning the use of land within the parish for use as a ‘Showman’s Site’, which would include accommodation for 7 families next to the ‘Farm Shop’.

 

10             HALL BOOKINGS

 

MB stated he had received 12 enquiries for bookings of which three had been completed. There were only 14 Saturdays left vacant in 2011.

There were no bookings requiring the attendance of a Trustee for March.

 

 

11             KITCHEN REFURBISHMENT

Previously dealt with

 

12                 DECORATION OF THE HALL  

 

Previously dealt with

 

13            DOG FOULING 

 

Previously dealt with

 

14            DATE OF NEXT MEETING 

 

                Sunday 6th March 2011.

 

 

 

 

 

15                AOB

 

a.   BW requested a new Swan Neck for the snooker room

 

     ACTION POINT MB to obtain new Swan Neck for Snooker Room

 

  1. b.    PP asked about the re-instalation of the gate to the railway club


MB asked PP to consult with CB of the Parish Council

 

  1. c.     PP stated that the BRMRC had looked at the barn regarding its use as a workshop/club


Room but it had concluded that it would be too expensive to convert. An estimate of the cost was in the region of £50,000

 

  1. d.    DL referred to correspondence item 71 the letter from the Village Hall  Fund. Regarding


the re-election of Trustees

It was proposed that DL be re-elected Proposed MB, seconded DF, Unanimous vote in

Favour.

JL stated that HF as the other Trustees should be contacted first to see if she wished to

seek re-election.

 

ACTION POINT DL to contact HF regarding re-election to the Trust.

 

  1. e.    LF enquired if MB had received any further requests in regards to the First Aid


course 

      MB stated he had requested everyone to contact her direct but that he would contact the

Rifle Club again

DL stated that the footballers could only qualify on an approved FA course so no one from

that quarter would be attending

 

ACTION POINT MB to contact the Rifle Club to seek interest in the First Aid course

 

 

Meeting ended 19 :29hrs

 

 


 




ALDINGBOURNE COMMUNITY SPORTS CENTRE


Registered Charity No. 276055


Minutes of the Trustees Meeting


Sunday 13th February 2011


 


Those Present


 


 Jon Leahy (JL), Alan Johnson (AJ), , Mike Burton (MB), Linda Fromant (LF), Bill Warwick (BW), Chris Blows (CB), Dennis Lennard (DL)  Philip Pilcher (PP) and Derek Freeman (DF)


 


Meeting started at 18:35pm


 


 


1              APOLOGIES – Helen Franklin (HF),  Jon Vinsome (JV)


 


2        MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE 9th JANUARY 2011.


 


The minutes were accepted as correct. Proposed DF, seconded AJ.


 


3        MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE 9th JANUARY 2011.


 


2.2 The matter of obtaining a quote for cupboards in the committee room


MB detailed a number of quotes received.


The committee decided to award all the work to John Smith


 


ACTION POINT MB to liaise with John regarding carrying out the works for the doors and cupboards


 


7       Redecoration


MB stated that decorating had taken place two weeks ago and this morning as a result only the two exterior walls of the hall and the stage doors needed painting to finish off. There was however further work needed in the kitchen in that the units on the cellar wall needed to be removed and the recessed area plaster boarded to allow the new units to be fitted flush to the wall


MB asked everyone, if possible, to attend at 9am next Sunday morning (20th February 2011) to assist  


 


9   Parish Council Report


MB to raise the issue of dog fouling with the ARUN Dog Warden and arrange a meeting to obtain first hand information. Ongoing Still awaiting contact with ARUN’s Dog warden


 


MB stated in the last week he had received three complaints with regards to the increased amount of dog mess on the field DL stated the footballers had collected a bucket full off of the pitches over the weekend.


 


MB stated he had received a quote for 3 signs but was awaiting further quotes


The committee agreed that purchase of the signs should be undertaken on the lowest quote


 


ACTION POINT MB to arrange for the purchase of the new Dog Waste Signs


 


          10 Hall Bookings


 


             Exploration of the costs of erecting two/three temporary buildings.


 


             MB stated that investigations had concluded that ‘extra buildings’ were too expensive beside which the front of hall extension would make them redundant.


 


      17   AOB


 


1      DL to pursue affixing kick guards to the doors in the changing rooms with the Barnham   


      Trojans. DL stated this matter was in-hand


MB informed DL that air bricks would also be needed to resolve the damp problem in the changing rooms


 


ACTION POINT DL to report back at next meeting regarding progress on this matter


 


8       Secretary’s Report


 


AJ reported that all the work along the stream boundary had now taken place and the undergrowth had been cut back. In addition the branches around the lights leading to the rifle club had also been trimmed.


There was still some clearing-up to do regarding some of the smaller branches


 


 


11    Kitchen Refurbishment


 


MB stated the order had now been placed with Magnet and work would begin on the 9th March. Hopscotch would be using the lounge/bar area and therefore help would be needed in rearranging the furniture. Help was required at 8:30 and 3:30 each day.


 


DF stated that there had been comments made at the ASC meeting that it would have been nice to know of the arrangement beforehand


MB stated that a letter was sent to the ASC Secretary on the 19th January notifying them of the arrangement and requesting they contact either MB or AJ if there were any problems.


 


MB stated that the kitchen fitter had visited on Friday. He had two concerns in that a new electrical supply would be needed for the cooker and we would not be able to re-use the existing Kitchen sink.


 


 MB stated that he had spoken with JV who stated there was contingency money available to cover the extra cost of these items.


 


JL added that he was experiencing a problem with obtaining commercial as opposed to domestic appliances but expected a quote tomorrow.


    


 


12     Dog Fouling


 


 


 Covered under 3.9 above


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


14    AOB


 


c.     JL stated the timers to the street lights had now been adjusted.


 


f.      Relocation of the sign board to be undertaken by AL/MB


 


h.     MB stated he had not written to any User Groups regarding the non-attendance of 


      their Representative Trustee


 


i.      LF stated she was still awaiting some response from ARUN and WSCC with regards to 


      ‘events’ to mark the Olympics.


             Grants towards the possible Olympic Ceremony celebrations to be monitored by


             MB undertook to notify LF when any such grants appeared.


 


4                    CORRESPONDENCE


 


Item 58   ASC request for booking of the meeting room and hall


Item 59   Booking dates Hall and Committee room for the MMD


Item 60   Letter requesting a quote for Dog Waste signs


Item 61   Quote Re Item 60


Item 62   Copy application for Front Hall Extn  Duke of Devonshire


Item 63   Quote from MAYOSS & Co for Front of Hall Extension


Item 64   Letter to ASC re Decorating in the hall Curtains and Kitchen and Pre School 


              arrangements


Item 65   Quote Harris for fitting doors cupboards etc


Item 66   Quote Dimensions for fitting doors cupboards etc


Item 67   Quote JG Electrical Main electrical board replacement


Item 68   Letter from ASC re booking


Item 69   Reply to ASC re 68


Item 70   Quote for doors etc J Smith


Item 71   Letter from Aldingbourne Village Hall Fund re re-appointment of Trustees


 


5                    PUBLIC SESSION


 


No public in attendance


 


6                    CHAIRMAN’S REPORT


 


JL thanked AJ and MB for their part in redecorating the hall.


He informed the meeting that he had received a grant of £3600 for the purchase of audio visual equipment for the hall and committee room, this would include screens, and a data projector. Free advertising and use of the hall for demonstration purposes would be offered to the supplier to offset installation costs


 


DL reminded everyone of the need to calculate usage fees which would need to be added into the hire charge


 


7                    TREASURER’S REPORT


 


Deferred to next month


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


8                    SECRETARY’S REPORT


 


MB  stated that he and AJ had met with Steve of Defensor and believed that the CCTV mast could be accessed from the roof of the front of hall extension, this would save moving the mast.


With regards to the extension he had submitted an amendment to ARUN as agreed but ARUN had now, 5 weeks later, requested further drawings. These had been completed and would be submitted to ARUN tomorrow


MB stated he had met with the curtain fitter and barring and unforeseen difficulties the curtains would be hung on the 24th Feb.


MB reminded everyone that the bushes from the front of the hall would need to be moved in preparation for the new extension. Dates for the work would be issued soon


 


9                    PARISH COUNCIL REPORT


 


CB reported that the PC had agreed to the transfer of the grant of £5000 towards the Front of hall extension and that providing the ACSC contributed £1,000 in addition to  the £9,000 grant they had obtained the PC would raise a loan on behalf of the ACSC to cover the remainder of the money needed. This source would be VAT free. CB stated he had passed a chart showing repayment costs to the Secretary. He advised once a full figure had been calculated that contact with the PC Clerk should be made and he would instigate the paperwork to obtain the loan.


CB informed all that the PC had been unable to provide a grant on this occasion as they were currently faced with a number of demands including the restoration of the Children’s Play Area


He took the opportunity to explain the recent planning application  AL/119/10 concerning the use of land within the parish for use as a ‘Showman’s Site’, which would include accommodation for 7 families next to the ‘Farm Shop’.


 


10             HALL BOOKINGS


 


MB stated he had received 12 enquiries for bookings of which three had been completed. There were only 14 Saturdays left vacant in 2011.


There were no bookings requiring the attendance of a Trustee for March. 


 


 


11             KITCHEN REFURBISHMENT


       


                Previously dealt with


 


12                 DECORATION OF THE HALL  


 


                Previously dealt with


 


13            DOG FOULING 


 


                 Previously dealt with


 


14            DATE OF NEXT MEETING 


 


                Sunday 6th March 2011.


 


 


 


 


 


15                AOB


 


a.   BW requested a new Swan Neck for the snooker room


 


     ACTION POINT MB to obtain new Swan Neck for Snooker Room


 


b.    PP asked about the re-instalation of the gate to the railway club


MB asked PP to consult with CB of the Parish Council


 


c.     PP stated that the BRMRC had looked at the barn regarding its use as a workshop/club    


Room but it had concluded that it would be too expensive to convert. An estimate of the cost was in the region of £50,000


 


d.    DL referred to correspondence item 71 the letter from the Village Hall  Fund. Regarding


      the re-election of Trustees


      It was proposed that DL be re-elected Proposed MB, seconded DF, Unanimous vote in


      Favour.


      JL stated that HF as the other Trustees should be contacted first to see if she wished to


      seek re-election.


 


ACTION POINT DL to contact HF regarding re-election to the Trust.


 


e.    LF enquired if MB had received any further requests in regards to the First Aid  


      course 


      MB stated he had requested everyone to contact her direct but that he would contact the      


      Rifle Club again


      DL stated that the footballers could only qualify on an approved FA course so no one from  


      that quarter would be attending


 


ACTION POINT MB to contact the Rifle Club to seek interest in the First Aid course


 


 


Meeting ended 19 :29hrs


 


 



Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?

Categories