Minutes of the Trustees Meeting held 16th October 2017

By:
Posted: 25/11/2017
Category: Regular Minutes
Comments: 0

Trustees are reminded to make any declaration of personal and/or prejudicial interests that they may have in relation to items on the agenda. Notice should be given at this part of the meeting of any intended declaration. The natures of the interest should then be declared later at the commencement of the item or when the interest becomes apparent.

Present:  
D Ives (DI), D Freeman (DF), S Kennedy (SK), N Pidgely (NP), A Smallman (AS), S Waller,(SW) . J Sopp (JS), R. Driver(RD).
Members of the Public
Mr A Johnson
Apologies
Received from D.Leonard, A Taylor, J Leahy

Matters Arising
Car Park lining: Agreed that despite the lack of financial assistance from the APC we go ahead and arrange dates for the relining and repair of the car park. Ongoing. Secretary to contact “Smartlines Southern” to arrange start date. It was felt it better to delay start until after July 21st when Hopscotch break up for the summer holidays. Ongoing
Access system: New Cards ordered. The CCTV camera at the front door not working. JL is to source a new camera and re-site away from the Defibrillator. Ongoing. JL also noted that there is a requirement for the ACSC to apply for grants for the work involved and the potential costs of equipment required. Ongoing
Leak: Following an emergency with a leaking water pipe in the boiler room Secretary suggested that an emergency call out contact list be raised and displayed prominently in the centre.Ongoing
Drones: DL to contact Arun DC to determine whether “Drones” fell under the same by-laws/orders as model aircraft flying. DL also to contact APC Clerk. JS to contact Insurance company to determine our liability re drones on the sports field. Ongoing

Correspondence
Fire risk uk: annual maintenance of fire extinguishers
Westergate WI: Thank you to all for use of facilities

Public session
It was asked if adverts could be placed on the windows for public display. Also highlighted was the incorrect phone number on the outside.
Drainage issues in the field. what was being done about it? Alan Johnson and Dave Ives would investigate.

Chairman’s Report
With only 2-3 Trustees in a position and able to meet and greet centre hirers and to close up after events in the hall the Chairman suggested that it was time to consider the possibility of a self employed Centre Manager. The idea had been circulated when the ACSC met with the Parish Council. JS also raised the question of the suitability of the same person taking on the role of controlling and arranging bookings. It was agreed that we again talk to the PC and determine whether a joint arrangement with Barnham & Eastergate Community Halls could be investigated. DL to contact APC. Ongoing
JL reported on the ACSC/ASC joint meeting. JL and DL, DF and HH from the respective organisations had met to discuss and update the ASC occupational licence (last update 2013).
HH reported that he had been in (ongoing) discussion with Arun DC re new licencing hours which tied in with the centre opening hours and the renewal of the ASC occupational licence with ADC. HH to keep JL/ACSC informed of progress and to notify ACSC when the new licence was renewed/granted. Waiting on ADC for reply
Further discussion of responsibility for locking hall and centre after private hires which again raised the idea of a self employed caretaker/booking secretary. Ongoing.
E Mail read out by J.s. in J.L, absence to be attached.

Secretary’s Report  
Go ahead given for Heating and Office works to start. Flooring later in year after .To request support to clear office allowing future work to be done.
Advised that P.Pilcher had stepped down due to logistic issues

Treasurer's Report 
Creditors ok
Aug/Sept cleaning payments on hold due to ad hoc timings with cleaning service.
Net Surplus of £9453.65p

Bookings
Still slow
New group using meeting room every quarter on Tuesday (KTS management Ltd)
November: One booking for 11th in main hall.

Date of Next meeting
Mon 27th Nov 2017 @ 7.30pm

A.O.B
Issues with entry cards (R.D) J.L. to investigate
Phone not ringing. to investigate
Phone number to be advertised outside
Children's parties using Hopscotch equipment. Hoping when Tables /chairs are moved to new location this will then rectify the situation.
Cleaning issues, no soap in gents etc. to feedback.
Social club carpets getting worse. May have to replace these only

Meeting closed 8.45pm

Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Categories