Minutes of the Trustees Meeting – 21st July-2010

By:
Posted: 21/07/2010
Category: Meetings , Regular Minutes
Tags: , , ,
Comments: 0

 

ALDINGBOURNE COMMUNITY SPORTS CENTRE


Registered Charity No. 276055



Minutes of the Trustees Meeting – 21st July-2010


Those Present

 

Jon Leahy (JL), Jon Vinsome (JV), Bill Warwick (BW), Helen Franklin (HF), Mike Burton (MB), Alan Johnson (AJ), Linda Fromant (LF) Philip Pilcher, Dennis Leonard.

 

The meeting started at 7:20pm.

 

1.         Apologies        Tom Tappenden (TT).

 

            All Trustees present signed and delivered to the Secretary a ‘Declaration by           Charity Trustees 2010-2011.

 

2          ELECTION of CHAIRMAN

 

            Jon Leahy was re-elected to post, unopposed.

Proposed by DL, seconded HF.

 

3          ELECTION of OFFICERS

 

The following persons were re-elected to post,unopposed.

Alan Johnson, (AJ) – Vice Chairman.

Proposed JV, seconded BW.

Jon Vinsome, (JV) – Hon. Treasurer,

Proposed HF, seconded BW.

Mike Burton (MB) – Hon Secretary

Proposed BW, seconded AJ.

4          DATE of NEXT MEETING

 

8th August 2010 at 6:30pm

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4a        NEXT MONTHS BOOKINGS (Additional to agenda)

 

7th August Wedding.

It is expected Trustees will be in attendance.

 

8th August.      Birthday Party   HF to cover.

 

29th August  Cycle Club Event.   5:30am opening required    AJ to cover.

 

5th September Cycle Club Event. 6:00am opening required.   AJ to cover.

 

 

5          AOB

 

            a)

            DL requested a date for Officers to meet with the Barnham Trojans to discuss       next seasons pitch fees.

 

Date agreed for Wednesday 4th August at 6:30pm.  JV and MB to attend.

 

b)

JV requested a meeting to discuss the finances for the coming year.

 

Date agreed for Wednesday 28th July at 6:30pm.  JV, MB and JL to attend.

 

c)

AJ raised the problem of the front door being left open by user groups.

MB stated he had started issuing front door override keys but needed to get          several more cut.

 

d)

HF made a request on behalf of the Irish Dance User Group

Agreed. Matter noted in the note of the minutes.

 

e)

MB gave advanced notice that the Rifle Club Chairman would be attending the    next meeting to propose an extension to the rifle range for toilets etc.

 

f)

BW raised the matter of the Friday evening snooker club’s use of the snooker        room last Friday when their ‘season’ had finished some weeks ago. Was the            Treasurer aware?

JV to check the use of passes to confirm and contact the club accordingly if           required. He confirmed he believed their season had finished and that no payment        had been made which would have covered use last week.

g)

JV asked if there were any update regarding the upgrade of the kitchen. He           believed that HF and LF had contact with Covers.

 

            ACTION POINT HF/LF to contact Covers for diagram/plans and forward to            all.

 

            h)

AJ asked what was happening with the boiler replacement.

MB stated that following further advice it had seemed more appropriate to            continue with two boilers rather than replace them with one unit. Providing a   switching mechanism was installed to allow one boiler to run the whole system        should the other develop a fault it was believed that remaining with two boiler,      with slightly increased capacity would also allow for any additional expansion of           the building. In order to achieve this he had written to those tendering to provide a    further quote for the installation of two30KW condensing boilers.

 

            ACTION POINT MB to keep everyone informed of the progress on this          matter with a view to the installation taking place during the holiday period.

 

j)

HF stated there had been no hot water in the kitchen for the last few weeks. This matter should be investigated when the new boilers are installed

 

k)

A resident of Olivers Meadow asked if the ACSC could intervene with those        controlling the collection from the dog bins to request that collections at a slightly      later time. Currently collections were taking place as early as 6:30am on a Sunday and the collector’s vehicle was equipped with a loud reversing signal.

 

            ACTION POINT MB to write a request for a later collection time.

 

Meeting ended at 7:50pm

 


 



 


ALDINGBOURNE COMMUNITY SPORTS CENTRE


Registered Charity No. 276055


 


Minutes of the Trustees Meeting – 21st July-2010


Those Present


 


Jon Leahy (JL), Jon Vinsome (JV), Bill Warwick (BW), Helen Franklin (HF), Mike Burton (MB), Alan Johnson (AJ), Linda Fromant (LF) Philip Pilcher, Dennis Leonard.


 


The meeting started at 7:20pm.


 


1.         Apologies        Tom Tappenden (TT).


 


            All Trustees present signed and delivered to the Secretary a ‘Declaration by           Charity Trustees 2010-2011.


 


2          ELECTION of CHAIRMAN


 


            Jon Leahy was re-elected to post, unopposed.


            Proposed by DL, seconded HF.


 


3          ELECTION of OFFICERS


 


            The following persons were re-elected to post,unopposed.


            Alan Johnson, (AJ) – Vice Chairman.


            Proposed JV, seconded BW.


            Jon Vinsome, (JV) – Hon. Treasurer,


            Proposed HF, seconded BW.


            Mike Burton (MB) – Hon Secretary


            Proposed BW, seconded AJ.


           


4          DATE of NEXT MEETING


 


            8th August 2010 at 6:30pm


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


4a        NEXT MONTHS BOOKINGS (Additional to agenda)


 


            7th August Wedding.


            It is expected Trustees will be in attendance.


 


            8th August.      Birthday Party   HF to cover.


 


            29th August  Cycle Club Event.   5:30am opening required    AJ to cover.


 


            5th September Cycle Club Event. 6:00am opening required.   AJ to cover.


 


 


5          AOB


 


            a)


            DL requested a date for Officers to meet with the Barnham Trojans to discuss       next seasons pitch fees.


 


            Date agreed for Wednesday 4th August at 6:30pm.  JV and MB to attend.


 


            b)


            JV requested a meeting to discuss the finances for the coming year.


 


            Date agreed for Wednesday 28th July at 6:30pm.  JV, MB and JL to attend.


 


            c)


            AJ raised the problem of the front door being left open by user groups.


            MB stated he had started issuing front door override keys but needed to get          several more cut.


 


            d)


            HF made a request on behalf of the Irish Dance User Group


            Agreed. Matter noted in the note of the minutes.


 


            e)


            MB gave advanced notice that the Rifle Club Chairman would be attending the    next meeting to propose an extension to the rifle range for toilets etc.


 


            f)


            BW raised the matter of the Friday evening snooker club’s use of the snooker        room last Friday when their ‘season’ had finished some weeks ago. Was the            Treasurer aware?        


            JV to check the use of passes to confirm and contact the club accordingly if           required. He confirmed he believed their season had finished and that no payment        had been made which would have covered use last week.


            g)


            JV asked if there were any update regarding the upgrade of the kitchen. He           believed that HF and LF had contact with Covers.


 


            ACTION POINT HF/LF to contact Covers for diagram/plans and forward to            all.


 


            h)


            AJ asked what was happening with the boiler replacement.


            MB stated that following further advice it had seemed more appropriate to            continue with two boilers rather than replace them with one unit. Providing a   switching mechanism was installed to allow one boiler to run the whole system        should the other develop a fault it was believed that remaining with two boiler,      with slightly increased capacity would also allow for any additional expansion of           the building. In order to achieve this he had written to those tendering to provide a    further quote for the installation of two30KW condensing boilers.


 


            ACTION POINT MB to keep everyone informed of the progress on this          matter with a view to the installation taking place during the holiday period.


 


            j)


            HF stated there had been no hot water in the kitchen for the last few weeks. This matter should be investigated when the new boilers are installed


 


            k)


            A resident of Olivers Meadow asked if the ACSC could intervene with those        controlling the collection from the dog bins to request that collections at a slightly      later time. Currently collections were taking place as early as 6:30am on a Sunday and the collector’s vehicle was equipped with a loud reversing signal.


 


            ACTION POINT MB to write a request for a later collection time.


 


Meeting ended at 7:50pm


 



Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?

Categories